It was narrated to me by Moḥammed bin al-Ḥassan رحمه الله, who said – it was narrated to me by ʿAbd Allāh bin Jaʿfar al-Ḥumayri, who said – it was narrated to us by Hārūn bin Muslim, from Masʿuda bin Ṣadaqa, from al-Ṣādiq Jaʿfar bin Moḥammed, from his father, from his forefathers, from ʿAlī bin Abī Ṭālib عليهم السلام, who said:
The Messenger of Allāh صلى الله عليه وآله said: For a believer upon another believer are seven obligatory rights, [established] from Allāh, Mighty and Majestic. Upon him [are the following]:
1. Loftiness for him in his sight.
2. Love for him in his heart (lit. breasts).
3. Support (lit. comfort) for him in his wealth.
4. He forbids backbiting about him.
5. He visits him while he is ill.
6. He convoys at his funeral.
7. He does not speak about him after his death, except good.
حدثنا محمد بن الحسن ( رحمه الله ) ، قال : حدثنا عبد الله بن جعفر الحميري ، قال : حدثنا هارون بن مسلم ، عن مسعدة بن صدقة ، عن الصادق جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه ، عن آبائه ، عن علي بن أبي طالب ( عليهم السلام ) ، قال : قال رسول الله ( صلى الله عليه وآله ) : للمؤمن على المؤمن سبعة حقوق واجبة من الله عز وجل عليه : الإجلال له في عينه ، والود له في صدره ، والمواساة له في ماله ، وأن يحرم غيبته ، وأن يعوده في مرضه ، وأن يشيع جنازته ، وأن لا يقول فيه بعد موته إلا خيرا